Telecoms Rigging & Slinging
RAI has developed an IWH approved Continuing Professional Development (CPD) course for Telecoms Rigging & Slinging.
Due to high demand from industry, and a lack of synergy between clients and contractors with regards to Safe Work Practices, RAI felt that a standardized Telecoms Rigging & Slinging course would sufficiently address this concern.
We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.
With the above statement in mind, RAI developed the course for 3 groups of people:
- Technicians already in the Telecoms industry that would like to improve their skills, learn new, safe and efficient techniques.
- Technicians wanting to join one of the fastest growing industries in Africa.
- Companies needing to improve the safety of their staff.
This course is designed to create safe operators for loads up to 150kg, topics covered are:
- Full range of rigging and rope access equipment
- Anchor points (Ground and Aerial)
- Various types of slings and usage
- Rigging plates and swivels
- Various types of pulleys
- Rope control (Descenders, Ascenders and Back Up Devices)
- Ropes, edge protection, guide ropes and tensioned lines
- Selection, inspection and safe use of all equipment
- Lifting utilizing mechanical advantage or Electric Powered Winches
- Friction and Forces in various systems
- Slinging, Lifting and Lowering add shaped loads (Center of Gravity)
- Freeboard / Head Room
- Various Knots and uses
- 3 days of training including practical aspects and pass / fail assessment
- Theory and written tests
- All operators wanting to conduct training will need to have U/S 229995 & U/S 229998 Fall Arrest and Rescue Technician training
- All operators to wear steel toe shoes for the training
- Physically fit
- Must be 18 years old
- Be able to read and write English to NQF level 3
- Functioning literacy in English (or African language)
Valid for 3 years.