Basic Rigging & Lifting
RAI has developed an IWH approved LNQ course for Basic Rigging & Lifting.
Due to high demand from industry, and a lack of synergy between clients and contractors with regards to Safe Work Practices, RAI felt that a standardized Basic Rigging & Lifting course would sufficiently address this concern.
We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.
With the above statement in mind, RAI developed the course for 3 groups of people:
- Technicians in the Telecoms industry that would like to improve their skills, learn new, safe and efficient techniques.
- Technicians wanting to join one of the fastest growing industries in Africa.
- Companies needing to improve the safety of their staff.
- Technicians that would like to utilize industrial rope access equipment to conduct rigging and lifting operations
This course is designed to create safe operators for loads up to 150kg, topics covered are:
- Full range of rigging and rope access equipment
- Anchor points (Ground and Aerial)
- Various types of slings and usage
- Rigging plates and swivels
- Various types of pulleys
- Rope control (Descenders, Ascenders and Back Up Devices)
- Ropes, edge protection, guide ropes and tensioned lines
- Selection, inspection and safe use of all equipment
- Lifting utilizing mechanical advantage or Electric Powered Winches
- Friction and Forces in various systems
- Slinging, Lifting and Lowering add shaped loads (Center of Gravity)
- Freeboard / Head Room
- Various Knots and uses
- 3 days of training including practical aspects and pass / fail assessment
- Theory and written tests
- All operators wanting to conduct training will need to have U/S 229995 & U/S 229998 Fall Arrest and Rescue Technician training
- All operators to wear steel toe shoes for the training
- Physically fit
- Must be 18 years old
- Be able to read and write English to NQF level 3
- Functioning literacy in English (or African language)
Valid for 3 years.
Courses are run regularly, please contact Rope Access Inspection (Pty) Ltd for more details:
Office: +27 (0)83 741 1984