OPITO Approved IMIST
RAI is an approved invigilator center to provide the OPITO Approved IMIST (International Minimum Industry Safety Training) course, which supports the global Oil and Gas Industry to meet safety initiative targets.
- The IMIST standard ensures that workers have the necessary safety awareness and training to reduce risk and ultimately reduce the number of incidents.
- The IMIST course is an online system, this allows the student to work at their own pace.
- Prior to the start of the course, 75mins is given for a pre-course knowledge assessment, based on the students previous work knowledge, the course content will automatically be adapted to suit his/her need.
- IMIST is currently available in 12 languages; American and UK English, Arabic, Hindi, Bahasa Malaysian, French, Vietnamese, Thai, Indonesian, Russian, Kazakh and Danish.
The nine modules covered in IMIST are:
- Introduction to the Hazardous Environment
- Working Safely
- Understanding the Risk Assessment Process
- Tasks that Require a Permit to Work
- Personal Responsibility in Maintaining Asset Integrity
- Using Manual Handling Techniques Every Day
- Controlling the Use of Hazardous Substances
- Knowledge and Processes of Working at Height
- Being Aware of Mechanical Lifting Activities
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Be able to read and write English to NQF level 3
- Functioning literacy in English
Valid for 3 years.
Courses are run regularly, please contact Rope Access Inspection (Pty) Ltd for further more details:
email: [email protected]
Office: +27 (0)83 741 1984