Advanced Fall Arrest & Rescue 5 days
Accreditation: SAQA Unit Standard 229999
Prerequisites: FAR (U/S 229995 & 229998)
The 5 day course (4 days and 1 day assessment) that will cover the theoretical & practical training for the following:
- Legislative requirements and the rescue plan
- Introduction to fall protection planning and risk assessmentAdvanced Fall Arrest & Rescue
- Identification of advanced rescue and rope access equipment
- Equipment safety, limitations and management including: inspection, maintenance and applicable standards
- Basic rope access manoeuvres (abseil, climbing & safe change overs) for reaching a casualty
- Identification of various advanced rescue scenarios with systems and requirements
- Systems for hoisting a casualty using mechanical advantage and descending
- Making use of diagonal tramways for transporting a casualty to safety
- Emergency response to fall arrest and the risks of suspension trauma
- Risk factors of suspension trauma
- Casualty management and relevance of first aid and handover
- Fall Arrest & Basic Rescue Training (229998/5) Certification
- Must be physically fit
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Be able to read and write English.
- Functioning literacy in English (or African language)
Born in Cape Town, South Africa. Spent his years growing up in Pretoria, Auckland New Zealand and Colorado, U.S.A. At the age of 18 became an Advanced Freefall Instructor, Freefly Instructor and Canopy Pilot in the Skydiving industry. In 2008 was blessed to be a part of the South African Canopy Piloting team competing at the world champs. Has spent more than 15 years in the rope access, offshore, training, NDT and rescue industries. Achieved IRATA Rope Access Instructor, Fall Arrest and Advanced Rescue Instructor, Constituent Assessor, and Confined Space Entry and Rescue Instructor. Found RAI in 2009 and has never looked back.
Make a Booking
Ready to get educated?
Sign up today or contact us to discuss