Confined Space Entry & Rescue Training 1 – 4 days
Required for certification to Chapter 7, “Confined Space Rescue” as described in National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) 1006 and according to the South African SAQA Unit Standard 15034 (US: 15034) and Unit Standard: 260139 (US: 260139)
- Overview of Confined Spaces
- Confined space rescue operations
- Utilizing appropriate equipment
- Including patient stabilization in confined space stretchers
- Different types of confined space stretchers
- Tripod Operations
- Full body harness and make-shift harness use
- Gas Detection & Monitoring
- Vertical and side entry
- Communication methods
- Identifying and mitigating hazards in a confined space
- Use of SCBA sets, Escape Sets and Smoke Hoods
- Patient and resource management techniques.
- Physically fit (no limitations i.e. Asthma)
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Be able to read and write English
- Functioning literacy in English
- Not Claustrophobic (fear of small spaces)
2 Days: Working in a Confined Space (Accredited US:15034): Includes theoretical and practical components, Lock Out Tag Out (LOTO), Ventilation, Gas Monitoring, Isolation, Permits, basic retrieval system, full body harnesses, communications, vertical and side entry procedures.
4 Days: Undertake an emergency rescue operation in a confined space (Accredited US:260139): Advances Confined Space Entry and Rescue techniques, includes all components of the 2 day course, but has additional stretcher work, patient management and vertical rope rescue work.
Born in Cape Town, South Africa. Spent his years growing up in Pretoria, Auckland New Zealand and Colorado, U.S.A. At the age of 18 became an Advanced Freefall Instructor, Freefly Instructor and Canopy Pilot in the Skydiving industry. In 2008 was blessed to be a part of the South African Canopy Piloting team competing at the world champs. Has spent more than 15 years in the rope access, offshore, training, NDT and rescue industries. Achieved IRATA Rope Access Instructor, Fall Arrest and Advanced Rescue Instructor, Constituent Assessor, and Confined Space Entry and Rescue Instructor. Found RAI in 2009 and has never looked back.
Make a Booking
Ready to get educated?
Sign up today or contact us to discuss