With recent energy price hikes, companies in the marine industry are constantly looking for new and innovative ways to drive down costs.
From Sky Sails on tankers to Micro Bubbles. Rope Access is the “green way” to access, survey, clean, re-coat and re-classify our client’s vessels.
Compared to traditional methods such as rafting or staging RAI has the advantage of quick set up, carrying out and dis-assembly, minimizing disruption to normal operations.
Marine Industry also includes the Oil & Gas sector.
Initially deepwater drilling & production was economically infeasible for many years, but with rising oil prices, more companies are investing in this area. These semi-submersible oil rigs, drill ships and Floating Production Storage and Offloading (FPSO’s) are at the cutting edge of science and technology, due to the harsh environment, annual inspections and surveys of these assets form an integral part of what Rope Access Inspection does.
Services to the marine industry
- Non-Destructive Testing (NDT)
- Phased Array Inspection (weld, nozzle and corrosion mapping)
- Eddy Current Inspection
- Flaw Detection and thickness gauging (UT)
- Magnetic Particle (MT) and Dye Penetrant (PT)
- Lifting Equipment Inspections (LOLER 1998 / LEEA COPSUL)
- CAT III & CAT IV Mast and Sub Structure Inspections & Post inspection remedial teams
- Coded welding at height
- Maintenance and Painting
- Confined Space Entry and Rescue Teams
- Vessel wide dropped object prevention surveys (DROPS)
- Aerial Rigging (including dis-assembling and welding of piping and steelworks)
- Safety Systems Installations
- SPS Surveys to ABS Requirements