Confined Space Entry & Rescue Training
RAI has designed the Confined Space Entry & Rope Rescue Training courses to provide you with the skills and knowledge required for certification to Chapter 7, “Confined Space Rescue” as described in National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) 1006 and according to the South African SAQA Unit Standard 15034 / 260139.
RAI’s Confined Space Entry & Rope Rescue Training courses covers the following areas:
- Overview of Confined Spaces
- Confined space rescue operations
- Utilizing appropriate equipment
- Including patient stabilization in confined space stretchers
- Different types of confined space stretchers
- Tripod Operations
- Full body harness and make-shift harness use
- Gas Detection & Monitoring
- Vertical and side entry
- Communication methods
- Identifying and mitigating hazards in a confined space
- Use of SCBA sets, Escape Sets and Smoke Hoods
- Patient and resource management techniques.
RAI is proudly supported by
Participants who successfully complete one of the Confined Space Entry & Rope Rescue Training courses, and pass the required written and skills test will receive a SAQA Unit Standard aligned certification from a NFPA Accredited Confined Space Entry and Rescue Instructor.
- Physically fit (no limitations i.e. Asthma)
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Be able to read and write English.
- Functioning literacy in English
- Not Claustrophobic (fear of small spaces)
Valid for 3 years.
Confined Space Overview:
1 day course
Working in a Confined Space:
2 day course
Undertake an emergency rescue operation in a confined space:
4 day course
Courses are run regularly, please contact Rope Access Inspection (Pty) Ltd for more details:
Office: +27 (0)21 555 1173